Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stage 1 Complete

Cole got his braces off today, HURRAY!!! I can't even remember when we started...18months ago? He had adult teeth growing behind baby teeth so he had 2 rows of teeth. He had 7 teeth extracted! He was so happy today. Stage 1 Orthodontics complete on the first 2 kids...2 more to go.

Rally weekend at church, people were challenged to get out there and meet the Group Leaders. Whenever you *engaged* a group leader, you received a ticket to enter a drawing for a 4G iPod Nano. As I shared before, Cole signed up for several Groups because he was interested...not for the iPod. He had 5 ticket entries. This past Sunday was the drawing and you can imagine the gasp I let out when they announced Cole McD! Can you believe it!? What in the world is he going to do with an iPod Nano!? I think he should let me borrow it, LOL. He's already got games on it and Mike is going to have to help him geek it out a bit more. Not only can you download music but you can also get movies, TV shows, and pictures on that thing. Isn't that amazing? Anyway...what an incredible blessing! That's quite a treat.



I was supposed to run 5 today, wanted to run 12, but ended up running 6. I was really tight and sore from my tempo run yesterday. I need to be ok with backing down on my mileage. I want to be well rested for this weekend.

6 comments:

Rick said...

That's so awesome for Cole! Both the orthodontics stage 1 completion and the iPod. You're right, I think he should let Mom borrow it as well! It is so nice to know that even an awesome runner like yourself gets tight and sore. I feel like that often and often think it's just me and my "mature" body. Heh! Course... I haven't run into any signs though. (chuckle)

Mar said...

Yay, Cole!!

Now nice and slowly, give Mom the iPod...:) She *NEEDS* it!!

Better yet,send it to Rick. He has to listen to the *GASP*...radio:)

You getting ready for the 3rd, Jennifer?? Gearing up yet?? Can't wait to hear all about it..:)

Jennifer said...

yanno, my head STILL hurts from that sign fiasco!

I really wish I could listen to the the radio while I ran...I'd use my ipod more often. I like the Jeff and Jer program on 94.1 here in San Diego. THey are great.

I'm at that point in training where I'm tired. and sore. and as hard as the taper is mentally, my body is craving sleep and food! And this is where all of the doubt creeps in and the numbers stop crunching like they were at peak training. LOL!

Rick said...

Jennifer and Marion, I found that article on tapering "madness" and will be posting it on my blog for you two. I hope that you're able to at least pick up a thing or two that may be helpful to you. I know I will be concerned about my taper period once I get there and the weird things that go on.

Rick said...

Oh, Jennifer, I didn't mean to make light of what could have been a very serious accident. Wait... yes I did! I do hope you are getting better though. ;-)

Mar said...

Oh, Jennifer, I didn't mean to make light of what could have been a very serious accident. Wait... yes I did! I do hope you are getting better though. ;-)

ROFL!!!!

Oh my ab muscles are getting a work out today, thanks to RICK!!:)