Monday, January 28, 2008

Lost my groove

My knees hurt, my back hurts, my feet hurt, and my calves hurt. It's cold (55 yes, that seems COLD to me today!) and rainy and I just can't get out there and run. I feel like I need to do my 6miles today just to see if I'm as bad off as I feel I am. Yet, I don't feel like I could comfortably do 6 today let alone 26.2 on Sunday. I'm unraveling.

I need to shake off the funk!

4 comments:

Rick said...

Re-read that taper article, Jennifer. It's in my old blog posts if you didn't save it to your computer. You're prepared, your ready, and you'll be good to go come Sunday. Review your log for the past couple of months... you've put in the work and the hay's in the barn! The aches and pains are phantom things like the article said. You're gonna be FINE and do AWESOME! ;-)
Rick

Mar said...

Jennifer,

You rock! You can do it! (insert various other motivational words here)

In other words, get off your butt and go run. You'll feel much better when you get home. I promise. Go run.

Jennifer said...

Thanks you two!!

I managed my run yesterday. It was very painful for at least a mile...I was limping at first my leg hurt SO bad. But it felt better by mile 4. THen this morning I was hoping my RB wouldn't show or at least, only want to run 3 miles but NO!! she wanted to do her longest run yet, 6 miles!! I was supposed to do 7 so it worked out great. I was so proud of her and she was so excited. It's all good.

Rick said...

Way to go, Jennifer! You're gonna do great. ;-)