Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I have reservations!

It just hit me! Mike made reservations for Boston! The sad part is that I'll be going alone but the good news is that I get to go!

We decided that the trip was far too expensive for us. I had originally registered for this race when I was SO sure I would have a job...well, that didn't work. Jim(FIL) is up with the BIL and is looking for a job so we have no child care options. It's ok though. I'm still going to have a great time...I'll have a kingsize bed to myself! Hopefully, next time Mike can come. Maybe I'll meet up with some internet friends and have dinner...I might even get someone to take some pictures for me. Still, there's a part of me that's kinda sad that noone close to me will be there to cheer me on.

I did 10 miles today with some speed work in there. My piriformis is really acting up so I'm gonna back down the rest of the week. I got my race number for the Carlsbad Half Marathon...7035, no 2's or 6's, bummer! It's just a number...

The Running Group is taking off. We have over 20 people interested, who signed up at our Rally this past weekend. I'm SO excited! We have a wide range of abilities...from walking/runners to marathoners and even someone training for an Ironman competition. I have heard from SO many people, that they have been waiting for someone to start this group! Our first meeting is Sunday after church.

Speaking of Groups. Cole signed up for 5 different groups. Of course, he couldn't remember them all but I have gotten 3 calls this week about, "I don't know if you knew or not, but your son Cole signed up for _____ group..." Yes, he signed up for Choir, Dance Worship (did this last night and decided it wasn't a fit), Art Class (we all will be doing this on Saturday afternoons), digital photography, GeoCacheing, and Ultimate Frisbee. I'm exhausted just typing all of that out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never know, I might be there to cheer you on! :)

Jennifer said...

that would be SO cool! maybe we could hook up for a little post race celebration? lemme know!