Thursday, January 31, 2008

small heart attack

I was just checking my bib number at the Surf City website and it took me 5 tries to get it! WHEW!!! I can't believe it's case sensitive. grrr. I'm number 554 but they don't have any kind of live updates so it doesn't matter.

I'm SO nervous. That nervousness never goes away, no matter how many times I race. I went grocery shopping last night and bought anything that sounded good...whether it was healthy or not. I need FUEL! but I also need to be able to eat and I have the worst case of pre-race-jitters-nausea!

At the very least I am well rested. I've been going to bed early and waking without an alarm clock so I know I won't be exhausted on race day. I can't believe it's already Thursday...I still need to do laundry and figure out what I'm going to wear. It would be really nice if I knew what the weather was going to be. Also on my packing list:

3 chocolate GU
visor
garmin
shoes
shorts/socks/jog top
longsleeve dri fit (which one!? a white race shirt or an ORANGE one?)
rain jacket (please God, don't let it rain the whole time)
RED BULL!!
gloves
biofreeze packets from my chiro (pray my calf and knee feel better!)
camera

I pick up Nancy, Saturday morning and we plan on being in Huntington Beach by 11AM. We are going to find a Soup Plantation and stuff ourselves. I'm planning on bringing pizza to eat later that night and when I wake up in the morning.

Welp. signing off. I'll be back with a race report. I wanna hear some COW BELL!!!!

Oh and don't forget to cheer for my husband Mike...he's doing GNARLY 15k trail race the same morning. It's supposed to be wet...which means muddy and yucky. He's trained so hard and smart, I know he'll do AWESOME!! I just wish I could be there to cheer him on!

3 comments:

Tim Wilson said...

You will do great! 1 day and counting huh?

200 miles in January, that is amazing! You have put the miles in that is for sure!

Good luck!

Rick said...

Best of luck Jennifer! I pray you have no physical issues, plenty of strength and endurance, good racing weather, and a sense of peace come over you in the knowledge that you ARE well-prepared for this race and will be able to run your best! Have safe travels this weekend, have fun, and... a GREAT race! I'll be thinking about you! Looking forward to hearing about your race.

Good luck to Mike as well in his trail race.

Jennifer said...

Thanks guys! I'm really only worried about my leg...it hurts everytime I start running. I'm hoping it's just a sore muscle and nothing wrong with a bone. Biofreeze isn't helping. grrrrr.