The boys each had a sleepover this week. We took Connor's buddy out to play tennis on Wednesday. Thursday, Cole and his friend J, wanted to do a geocache. We headed down the canyon because Cole wanted to do the "toychest" geocache that we have already done a DOZEN times! but it was easy. We were careful to not collect lobsters or snakes.
While they were doing their boy stuff...throwing rocks in the stream, swinging sticks and searching for the stash, I tried my hand at stacking rocks. Apparently this is an art because I only managed 4 and the guy at Balboa park can stack them head high. Although satisfying, in a zoning out kinda way, I'm just not sure how impressive rock stacking really is.
They found the stash and read the info. There was a travel bug but we left it because...well, I never know when we'll get to another cache. J had a blast and I promised him that next time we'd do another one. Maybe we'll do the geocaching group at church.

Cole and J seem to hit it off great. I'm really glad. He's a super sweet kid. I met his mom in a bible study I was attending 11 years ago...we were both pregnant. I had Cole in Nov and her J was born in Feb. We lost touch for about 9 years and hooked up like old friends when we moved churches. Our only problem is that we can't stop talking...my throat hurts when I get done visiting with her, LOL! It's so great to have someone to pray with again.
Running is perfect. I've hit over 200 miles a month the last 2 months and am on track to do so again this month. Most days I love the challenge. Yesterday I did my first hill workout since November and was pretty darn fast! Today I did 10 miles...was scheduled to do a 10k or 15k race so I ran 10 miles. The first 3 at an easy 8:19 pace and the last 7 at a 7:45 pace. I registered for the Carlsbad Half Marathon on Jan 21. I plan to run it as a training run for Surf City, 2 weeks later. I'm going to actually try to race it and get a better calculation for my marathon pace. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I'm not excited about 17 miles in the rain, ugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment