Sunday, February 11, 2007

no regrets

I had been angling and manuevering trying my very best to be able to do the San Dieguito Half Marathon this weekend. I ran it last year and it was a fun but hard course. FIL is on a short leash on the weekends and Mike couldn't get today off so it was a no go. I begrudgingly set out for my long run at the crack of dawn yesterday, half expecting rain but pleasantly surprised by a beautiful sunrise and finishing up with clear blue sunny skies. However, this morning, as I woke up suffering from a 3 Windansea heifeweisen Saturday night, I was SO glad I wasn't racing! It was the ugliest, dreariest morning. Not another decent race in sight until La Jolla Half Marathon. Time for some serious training.

Anyone watch the Grammy's? Gosh, years ago I was a huge Dixie Chick fan. Now I'm just glad I have a DVR so I can fast forward through their blah blah blah. Oh. Can I just say, Mary J.Blige would have looked stunning if it weren't for her tatoos that reminded me of my those old navy blue/black westpac tatoos that a bunch of 60+year old men are sportin. Not pretty.

I was thinking I had something important to share but it's taken me over 3 hours of interruptions to get this far and whatever it was, isn't so important anymore.

No comments: