Wednesday, February 7, 2007

the breakaway move...

time to move on from the shackles of Yahoo 360! I wanted to add in my running links and to be able to post more than one picture at a time, if I so desire. Other than that...I hate the whole your friend, my friend, friend of friend, blah blah blah.

Let's get down to buisness.

So, uh. hey. it's a dream, right? Boston Marathon 2008? I'm 37 and I need a USATF certified marathon time of 3:45:59 or faster. Last year I ran a 3:48:54 at the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon. Who's to say I couldn't wipe off at least 3 minutes? I'm aiming to knock off at least 5 minutes...just in case.

whew. I can. I will. There. I said it.

I quietly and without a second of hesitation registered for the Rock n Roll marathon over a month ago. With one thing in mind. Boston. It's like the super bowl of runs. If less than 1% of the population ever completes a marathon, what does it say for those who actually run a marathon fast enough to qualify for the Boston Marathon? I want to be in that minuscule minority of elite runners.

1 comment:

scdd said...

Faster than a speeding bullet,
More powerful than a locomotive,
She can leap tall SUVs in a single bound....
She's a bird....
She's not plain (lol)
She's JENNIFER!!!