Monday, February 12, 2007

Home Improvements

I went to have my Meile vacuum cleaner fixed today. Nice little shop in the heart of La Jolla...been around for 25+ years. I originally bought this vacuum 5 years ago and they told me it was the Mercedes of vacuums, that I'd never have to buy another. Then, last year I started having problems with my luxury liner. I had to take it back 3 times...once they told me it was ok. The next time, they said it was the power cord...nothing an $80 new one couldn't replace.
Welp. That wasn't it either...it was the cord. It's such a pain getting down there that I have been suffering the last 2 months with the vacuum going off/shorting out every few minutes. I just don't have the time to run in to La Jolla just for a vacuum.

So back to my story. I walked in and sales guy walks up to me and told me how and why I would be buying a new one. It was horrible. Truly, gruesome. He was slick, convincing, knowledgeable and I was completely out of my league! I SO wish Mike had been there to rescue me! I just sorta stood slack-jawed, nodded my head and asked how much... Don't ask. It's the Meile Gemini...new and improved sucking action!

I went for my run and not surprisingly, I had to stop one time to almost puke. I finished, but it was touch and go.

And do you know what Mike said!? "I don't care that you got a new vacuum, I'm just surprised you let him walk all over you!" HA! Tough guy. I'm sending him in next time.

Oh, home improvements. See, I easily lose my train of thought. I'm getting a new front door for Valentines Day and a new back fence to replace this one:
It blew over during a windstorm we had back in December. We have to replace all of the fence there and the part that comes around the side of the house. FUN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girlfriend! I know exactly how you feel with the Meile....How is the Gemini? My Red Velvet is getting a bit on in years. I already had to replace a few things on it. Humph.

Louise

Jennifer said...

LOVE the Gemini! It has a bigger motor and more suck than the Silver Moon. Well worth the investment.

how are you? do you blog in these parts?

Anonymous said...

I do, but I rarely post to it. And I can't find it, I have to google it.

I like reading your blog occasionally to remind myself that I should start running again.