Friday, February 23, 2007

cry baby

Ok. So, not sure why, but I had one of those days. The kind where you cry about everything.

I wanted to cry at the end of my run today, it felt so great.

I cried just thinking, I wish someone here, irl, could share my passion...my excitement...my training...

I cried watching Grey's Anatomy

I cried when I saw this film clip. I hope you enjoy it. I got physically transported to that breathless moment, when I heard the horn blast signaling the beginning of the marathon. I hope you can wait for it to load and see the whole thing. It's a clip from an upcoming Marathon Movie called, Land of the Gods.

http://www.marathonmovie.com/home.html

There's a part in there where you see a woman staggering in to the finish line. That's the proverbial wall. Where your mind knows you need to keep going, but your legs have a mind of their own and just sorta crumple under you. The start line...sigh. Can you just cut the tension with a knife? My bp is through the roof right now! That old man is so cute..."People talk about the runner's high. The only high I really feel is when I stop running..." LOL! It's so true though... "when you cross that finish line, no matter how slow, no matter how fast, it will change your life FOREVER."

all in all, it's a good day. I can't wait to run in the morning...I have to run 13miles and be at a memorial service for my grandfather by 10am. YIKES!

No comments: