Lent!
I have a few things in mind but that's between God and myself. It's more of a relational thing with God than it is about the weeks of Lent.
I thought about yesterday being Fat Tuesday as Mike and I went on a date and ate at Onami. That Wife Swap episode with the freaky raw food people made us crave sushi, of all things. We saw Music and Lyrics it was cute but there were some pretty pornographic parts I wasn't expecting. It involved a pop star and her video/concert. Pretty raunchy. Aside from that, it was funny and sweet. We were bummed that Amazing Grace doesn't open until Friday.
I had such a great short run this morning. I was trying to slow down my pace so I ran the soft sand around the Crown Point boardwalk. It's so beautiful down there early in the morning. The camaraderie with other runners is awesome. I was feeling emotional today (that every 28 day phenomenon, lol) and my confidence-o-meter was rock bottom. I feel like maybe I ought not be so confident in BQ'ing...what if I fail? ugh.
Connor wants a guitar...a couple of his JAM buddies play and he wants to learn. I guess it's time to investigate the music thing. Cooper recited his times tables through 6's today in the car...out of the blue. They started talking about multiplying a couple of days ago and it totally clicked in his brain. I thank God for these small things! Cole(actually all of the boys) listened to Dr. Dobson's radio show yesterday about video game addiction in children, specifically boys. Afterward, he asked me to please take his Gameboy. Curran is taking showers. Again, I thank God for the small things. :o)
Check out my new RSS feed. I finally caught up on my reading so I can in good conscience, have my read through the bible in a year link to your left. You can click and listen or read. You can even start today, forget about trying to play catch up!
bumper sticker of the day:
I'd rather go hunting with Dick Cheney than go driving with Ted Kennedy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment