Friday, February 9, 2007

"911, what's your emergency?"

eek! That might be me very soon! I got a very official notice from the personnel department, letting me know that I successfully completed the examination process for the position of Disptacher 1. I'm trying not to scoot out to the edge of my seat, considering there are 178 other persons in my hiring category. Actually, the longer it takes the better. I still need to get in on an orientation meeting, which will look good in an interview and also give me a better idea of what will happen from here on out in this process. Either which way, in April, Mike's schedule switches to 4days on 3 days off so that only leaves me 2 days to worry about as far as childcare goes. I'm also trying to schedule another sit along...I'm only allowed to do 2 while in the hiring process. The first time I went in October, my very first call was a lady who had a baby in the bathroom at Filippis down by the beach, LOL!

It's supposed to rain this weekend, so it will be a long wet run tomorrow. I'm excited because my chiro, Dr. E, is going to put together a strengthening/stretching/core workout for me this weekend. I'm hoping to pull myself together so I'm not using so many compensatory muscles when I run. My core is not as strong as I imagine it is...a brief glimpse of some of my race pictures, tells the sad truth. I'm slouchy, slumped over and my form is bad. The good news is that, despite my problems, I'm fast. When I fix my problems, I should be faster. That's what I'm aiming for.

No comments: