Thursday, April 10, 2008

This Run's For Cassie

Wanted to give a shout out to my RunningAHEAD cyber buddy, Rick. If you haven't been to Rick's blog, This Run's For Cassie, head on over there and meet a great fellow runner, husband and father.
He's been training for the Glass City Marathon which is this Sunday, April 13th. Spending 18weeks training for a marathon is hard. But Rick lives where they (supposedly) get that white, cold, wet, flaky stuff called snow (supposedly). Evidently when this mysterious stuff falls out of the sky, it makes for cold, wet, icy, slushy conditions.(supposedly) And he says he had to put screws in his shoes just to keep his footing!
Oh, and it's super cold. (supposedly) Living in So. CA, I have to take his word for this because he's Rick, and seems like an honest guy and all but I am somewhat suspicious. (supposedly) Despite all of the inclement weather, this crazy incredible guy thought it would be a good idea to embark on an 18week marathon training schedule in the dead of winter. But he didn't just do it for himself...he runs in honor of a special person in his life who can't run. Go check out his blog and read more about Cassie.

What I am not suspicious of and what I firmly believe is that Rick has worked long and hard for this and he's gonna do GREAT! 18 weeks and over 540 miles of training runs is going to pay off.

God speed my friend, we'll have the cow bell ringing for you here!

Edited because I typed Dave, not ONCE, or TWICE but THREE times! it's RICK! DOH!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Heck, Jennifer, I just appreciate that you remember me... name or not! Thanks for the well-wishes. Well... lets see what I can do in this thing they call the 26.2. Hey, I made a rhyme! I (Rick) rock.
:)

Jennifer said...

you know Dave, I call all of my *GOOD* friends pet names but if you really like Rick, it'll do. LOL! I can NOT believe I did that...dh laughed at me because that is totally something I nag him about...mixing up names! I'm so embarrassed ::blush::

You are totally gonna do 26.2!

Rick said...

Thanks, Jennifer! And... you may call me what you wish. I like you THAT much! ;-)