Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pool Running

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Mike is right, cold water is my kryptonite. I don't like it. If the water is cold AND the air is cold too, it could be a fatal combination. I'm not sure what kind of crazy took over yesterday evening but I decided that I just couldn't go another whole day without running. I decided to run in our pool. As much as one can run in a pool. I found the full wetsuit and an old pair of running shoes and walk right in with a determination that was bigger than my fear of being cold.


It was actually not bad at all. I was warm. really warm. I was running around the edge of the shallow half of the pool and then crisscrossing to change directions. It was a little awkward but I played with different motions enough to feel like I got a good workout. I got out after 35 minutes, peeled off the wetsuit, and jumped on the bike trainer.


The trainer is worse than cold water. There is nothing more mind numbingly boring as riding a bike trainer. Seriously. I was done after 2 minutes and thought how lame I was, I had to go at least 10 minutes. After 10 minutes I was completely dripping with sweat and mesmerized by watching the planes line up and coming in for a landing at Lindbergh Field and then taking off at the other end...never knew the view from my back patio was that good. So I rode for 25 minutes.

All in all, not a bad. I guess I'll do it again today.

(spell check doesn't recognize kryptonite, LOL!)

1 comment:

Rick said...

Hang in there. You're gonna do fine.