I'm doing a happy dance here! hehehehehehe! When I registered for the AFC half marathon, I wasn't sure if I'd be working and able to make it to the race expo so I signed up to have my race packet sent to me. I just checked...I'm number 309! There's 7800 registered, so that's a nice low number. WOO HOOOOOOO! I know it's silly to YOU but to me, I LOVE it! I've never had a 3 digit race number. I always wondered how a non-elite runner got a low race number, I guess that's how you do it. AND...
Those of you who have already completed the 2007 Carlsbad
and La Jolla Half Marathons, will be eligible for the
special Half Marathon Triple Crown Medal upon completion of
the AFC Half. AFC entrants who our records show are eligible for
the Triple Crown will have special RED color bib numbers which will
aid us in distributing the Triple Crown medals.
so my number will be a pretty RED!
This has been such a great day for my head. Before my core workout this morning, I ran a mile. Not much, but still, better than nothing. It was a bit painful but it felt great and I did it in 8:01 without even breaking a sweat. Now if I can just do that same pace for 12.1 more miles in 3 weeks, I'll be thrilled.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's awesome Jennifer! A special red bib AND a low number! I'd wear it all week, LOL. I'm glad to read that the sports doc has now pinpointed the source of your injury and put you on the road to recovery! YAY! And it sounds like the job will be coming around for you really soon!
Post a Comment