and I missed it! :( I woke up this morning realizing I should have been at around mile 12 of the San Francisco Marathon. Instead, I hobbled out of bed half hoping I'd pound out a mile run but realizing I'm not there yet, my foot is still hurting. So bib # 4741 went unused. Mike tried to console me saying there'd be others but you have no idea how much it kills me to have missed this. I feel like I have failed somehow but I know I shouldn't feel that way. But I do.
Thursday I looked out my front window and saw my neighbor talking to a couple of people...one looked familiar in her uniform. It was the Background Investigation Detective who did my preliminary polygraph interview and another plain clothes detective. Whew! It had been almost 2 weeks since the polygraph and I was getting worried. I'd have been horrified if the hiring process ended in a failed polygraph! Seeing the detectives walk the neighborhood, interviewing people means that I have moved on the process. Now I anxiously await the next call. I think it might be THE call telling me when the academy starts.
I'm praying about starting a running group at church. Actually, I have had 3 people suggest I do so. I'm going to go to the group leadership workshop in 2 weeks and hope I find someone else to start it. LOL. I'm a horrible leader, coordinator, whatever you call it. I just think it might be a good way to get more involved with people, doing something I'm most comfortable doing. Maybe not. I might chicken out. Don't hold me to this. I guess I really don't need to lead, per se, I could just say, "hey, let's meet and run together." How hard can that be?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've been considering starting a knitting group at my church, and I have the same problems coordinating, leading, communicating with others...
You should do it. Just think of all the people who want to run, but are intimidated by runners groups where they don't know anyone. With a church-centered group, that intimidation might be lessened, opening the door for the timid.
(Rah Rah Rah! Go Jen go!)
Oh, I just had to check and see if you ran it! You didn't fail, geez, you have to know that.
As for the running group thing, yeah, I'd make it as democratic as possible. Everyone can chime in as to when is good for them. No muss, no fuss. Have fun, wished we lived further south :)
Post a Comment