Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Ah. Sweet release!

I've been moping around for a while. You didn't notice did ya? hahahaha. I've been really worried about SF. I work really hard at my running. Not as hard as I could or should, but I am diligent and hardworking. It's those two traits that make running so satisfying. I love it, and good times are great, but the hard times bring the most satisfaction. Which is why I've been mopey about SF. My mileage is down. I'm out of my groove. I don't want to turn out a sub par performance. I'm pretty much the only person who I need to impress. Sitting around trying to recover from a phantom injury makes me feel lazy. Like I'm not doing something I should be doing.

I had a good heart to heart with Mike and have sorta decided I need to step back. I never let myself revel in my accomplishment. I did good. SF doesn't really matter. I'm doing ok. I'm going to smile, enjoy the city, enjoy my fun trip by myself, make some new friends, and cross the finish line without a care in the world, including what my time is. So there. I'm even gonna walk part of the race. Yeah. Permission granted.

I'm really looking forward to the America's Finest City Half Marathon 3 weeks later on August 19. This is the last of the Triple Crown that I will complete. The Triple Crown is a series of 3 local half marathons, the Carlsbad, the La Jolla and the AFC. I will get the AFC medal and in addition to that, the Triple Crown medal. For some reason, it really excites me! My secret hope is to PR like crazy but my La Jolla time will be tough to beat. The AFC was my first Half Marathon in 2005, this will be my third time running it and it gets better every year.

I have a lot of anxiety about the huge life changes that are coming. I'm worrying a bit more than I usually do. I need rest. Not just more sleep or my feet kicked up on the couch...but real rest. I've been meditating and taking comfort in His promises.

Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him. 1 Cor 2:9

1 comment:

Norm Deplume said...

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. The general "bleh" vibe from you is abnormal, indeed.