Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter fever!

Cole begged and begged me to take him to get the new HP7 book Saturday morning. So he woke me at 7 and we were at the door by 7:45. Two other weirdos were there and in the next 15 mintues the HP geeks were everywhere. Fortunately, Target did not advertise they had 900 copies for the cheapest price in town, 17.99 Cole could hardly put it down. He finished today. he's dying to talk about it with me but I've only read to book 4 so I need to catch up. Connor just started book 1 today and he's really enjoying it.

I need to find a new book series for Cole. He's read all of the Harry Potters, the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series, Tolkien's Hobit and LOTR series, both Eragon books...I'm running out of ideas. Anyone know what to read next?

I made a Dr.s appointment for Friday. My feet hurt so bad I can barely walk in the morning. Still have hip pain and weird knee pain. I'm falling apart. grrrr. I don't know why. It seems the LESS I run, the worse I feel. I know I could race this weekend. I just have no desire to clock a 5 or 6 hour marathon with an injured foot. Still trying to decide if I still go to SF. Mike's going to check the airline for how soon we can reschedule. If possible, I'm going to save my airfare for another race. :)

Haven't heard back from PD regarding the polygraph. Hmmm. Had a problem with my reaction to one question. Not sure if that bodes well. I honestly don't know how they guage the information. We discussed the question and why I was still reacting to it(I told the truth, which he knew I was) and without going into personal history, it's a tough subject. I wonder if they wonder how I would react to a caller in regards to the subject? I just don't know.

Ok, so they sit you in a very uncomfortable wooden chair on some kind of pad. Then they hook up 2 perspiration sensors on 2 fingers on your left hand. Then they strapped two tight straps across my chest and just below my sternum. Then they place the blood pressure cuff on my right arm. Then he goes over a series of questions. There are several series of questions we go through but they are broken down into 4min sessions. After we go over the questions, I answer them and he gives me the opportunity to say yes or no, so that on the polygraph portion, he can say "other than the time you mentioned, have you ever______" So, we rehearse the questions and answers then I tell him I'm ready and the cuff goes tight and he begins the test. Each question and answer is given 25 seconds. He asks a question, I have to answer immediately, and then wait for th 25 seconds to tick away as your mind races ...have I? what about that... oh, I remember when so and so did that...yeah, I remember what that SOB did to me... yeah. You get the idea. Lot's of room for error. Meanwhile as the 4minute progress, my arm is turning purple, my fingers are twitching and tingling. Any deep breath and movement at all will affect the results. I was so nervous I was ready to throw up by the time left.

The kids are excited...tomorrow is piano lessons! Hey, it's been a few months and they are still enjoying it, that's good stuff! And surf day! We go down to Mike's beach, Cole and Cooper can surf (ok, Cooper's only stood up once or twice but he's working on it)and Connor skim boards. Rubios has $1 fish tacos so I buy a bag and that's our picnic.

1 comment:

Heather and Bud said...

mmmm...Rubios! Heather went to Olive Garden today! I think I'm going to start reading the HP books as soon as Tom is done with book 1.