Sunday, August 5, 2007

and then there were two

I just waved goodbye to Cole and Cooper as they rode off in the church bus to church camp for a week. Make that, 6 nights and 5 days. EEK! Cooper was getting a little wilty there when we said good bye but it was hot and we were standing around for a while. He seemed to perk up when he got inside the nice cool bus and saw it was loaded with TV's and a bathroom. It's so strange only having 2 right now. ::insert stifled giggle:: I told Connor that NOONE was coming over this week. He's welcome to go to any of his friends house but with 2 gone, this week I declare my house kid-unfriendly. I'm not entertaining the masses.

Thursday I got a letter from PD. Deep breath. You have successfully passed the background investigation for the position of Dispatcher I. The next step in the hiring process is a medical evaluation. What's ONE MORE STEP? So it's possible I could have a job by year's end? HA!

I pounded out some very boring mileage last week and by Saturday was paying for it. Friday I finally got my authorization for PT so I will call tomorrow and get going on that. I seem to be hitting the wall at about 2.5 miles and end up hobbling back. Not good. I'm not even considering NOT doing the AFC. It's going to be a sucky race but I'm still doing it. Not gonna pull another SF. I wish my body would catch up to my brain's need to run!

No comments: