Wednesday, August 15, 2007

ho hum

I picked up book 4 of the Harry Potter series last Friday and thus commenced a 5 day, 4 book binge. I finished #7 just before noon today. Ugh. I can't believe it's over!

Cole saw me crying at the end and he said, "why are you crying?"
me: what? didn't you cry?
him: NO.

I ran on Tuesday. Was going to completely rest until race day but I couldn't stand it, I had to go. It felt alright. Then last night I got out of the pool and was skittering through the house to get in the shower when I slipped and hit hard. I hit the area just below my knee and it's been hurting all day. I just have to laugh. I mean, what next?

The boys got back from camp last Saturday. They had a good time. Well. Despite who Cole had to bunk with. What is it about Cole and bratty, mean spirited kids who like to try to bully him? Let's see. They broke his flashlight. Tried to shove him off of a high platform. Repeatedly called him "gay" all week. (which he doesn't even know what that means) He said they said all kinds of bad words. Slugged him. Bent his hands back. I asked him what the counselor did. He said, mostly ignored him...occasionally told them to stop but then Cole said, "but he didn't enforce it!" I didn't even need to call our youth pastor. She heard. The camp called today apologizing profusely, said they were talking to the counselor and his pastor, and have offered him another free week of summer camp. I felt much better after having spoken to them and really feel like they are on top of this. I'm glad that I resisted my usual urge to go all mama bear on people and let God sort it out. I'm just bummed for Cole. On one hand...but on the other hand...I have to believe again, that God is putting him in these situations because He's equipping him. I just know this. Cole is an incredible guy and he shows himself to be just that every time he's faced with kids like this. I'm so proud of who he is.

I passed my medical exam last Thursday. Did I already blog about that? Anyway. Just waiting for the 10 day clearance. and then? I dunno. I guess I should be calling a recruiter and asking, eh? I sorta half like pretending it's not really happening.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you for interceding for Cole. I've been reading a book that has at its roots some awful bullying like that, and one of the interesting facets is how no one did anything. The kid ended up very disturbed (it's "19 Minutes" by Jodi Picoult), and it made me realize how damaging being bullied like that can be.

STOP HURTING YOURSELF! ;)

Norm Deplume said...

I only cried during book seven when Dobby the house elf died. But of course, I was in the back of a moving SUV whilst reading it, so I might not have gotten as caught up in the book as I might have in my jammies at home.