Thursday, August 23, 2007

School, day 4


We started school on Monday with nary a complaint from any of the boys. So far, so good! We wanted to get an early start so that if/when I start working, we have a well established routine.

Speaking of working, I just put in a call to the Dispatch Recruiter to find out what comes next. It's been 10 days since my medical evaluation so I should be hearing from them soon anyway.

I got in a 5 mile run this morning. Probably should have only done 3...my foot is still hurting. ARG!!!! I'm SO SICK OF BEING INJURED!!! I could just scream. I'm still running a 4 mile race this weekend. The End of Summer Fire Run starts in La Jolla and ends in Pacific Beach. It should be nice,short and more importantly, only about 70 degrees. My neighbor and our piano teacher are running it with me. I'm excited!

Even more exciting is that Cooper is begging to do a race with me so he's insistent upon running everyday. I'm letting him wear my Garmin, so he runs down the street until it beeps at .25 miles and then come back. I started a running log for him at www.runningAHEAD.com and his username is SuperCooper.

Tomorrow I have a follow up with the Sports Med. Dr. to tell him my feet still hurt. He said if they were still hurting he'd refer me to a Podiatrist and have custom orthotics made for me. I never knew I had flat feet! Then right after, I have my first physical therapy appointment.

I got a few pictures from last weekend's race.

No comments: