Saturday, June 30, 2007

Awwww. Isn't he cute?

We just picked up Curran's glasses the other day. He's so cute. Of course the novelty wore off by the time we got home. It doesn't help that the prescription is meant to exercise his eyes so his eyes were really tired the first few days. He's getting used to them. Add the eye patch and he's a trooper considering the discomfort he's gotta be in.

I completely messed up my back Thursday. Not sure what it was during my run but an hour after my run, I could hardly stand up straight. The marathon is 4 weeks away, I missed a 6miler on Fri, a 20 miler today and who knows when I'll run again. Hopefully I'll be back up and at 'em by Wed or so. I'm not so much worried about the marathon as I am disappointed that I am not making my mileage goals. I should be at over 900miles for the year today. I get really depressed when I have nothing to put in my running log.

While Curran swam with his new goggles, enjoying his new speedos, Connor and Coop were busy being crazy, and Cole was enjoying the convivial atmosphere too...doing what he loves most.



I've been having the boys do a word for the day since school was out. We're having fun with it...at least, I am.

2 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I wish we got to lounge outside by the in-ground pool. Instead we have to travel to the local college's pool, which is indoor and whose boiler is broken. It's c-c-c-cold in there.

Tee said...

Sorry to hear about your back :-( Hope some heavy duty R&R will help spring it back into place!

Curran looks like a real trooper with his stylish glasses & patch! Are the eye patches self-adhesive? My friend's DS will be getting glasses & patches this week, she wasn't sure how well self-adhesive patches would hold up in the summer heat - believe it or not, it gets pretty hot & humid here as well.