Saturday, June 9, 2007

Where's Waldo?



Monday morning Lynn called to tell me we made it in the San Diego Union Tribune's Where's Waldo shot of the start of the Rock n Roll Marathon. Sure enough! That's my very rudimentary green arrow I placed on the picture. But really, the blown up version in the paper you can see much better, LOL! I think if you click on this picture you will see a larger version. You can clearly see Lynn in blue to the right of me. I have on a black visor and a lime green shirt.

I ran 10k this morning. My hip and now my knee are really hurting. Now I need to be serious about getting some inserts. Oh, and I know you were all waiting to hear that I lost my first post-race toenail. I'll spare you pictures. We'll just say that my sandal wearing days of summer have come and gone already.

Mike made it back from training. So glad to have him home only to send him off for a 12hr overtime day today. This is going to be a loooong summer!

Still no word on the Dispatch position. Now that I type that out, maybe I'll hear from them this week?

I have a consultation with the orthodontist this week. I broke a tooth 3 weeks ago. Had it repaired. Broke it again the next week and a second tooth up front and had them both repaired. Monday morning, I chipped the second tooth! So, my dentist thinks I'll be a perfect candidate for invisalign. Since my bottom teeth shifted when my wisdom teeth came in, my top teeth keep hitting 2 crooked bottom teeth. Gosh, I hope this works. I'm SO done with hiding my smile.

1 comment:

Tee said...

Aw I can't see you! The photo won't enlarge for me :(

Sorry to hear about your hip & knee - maybe your body is trying to get the cobwebs out from last week? I have orthotics that the PT casted me for years ago - buh bye shin splints!!

And doubly sorry to hear about your dental problems! I'm sure you didn't need that before the RnR marathon! I hope the consult goes well.

And I bet you'll get some good news tomorrow about the dispatch job! :)