
I chanced a run on Friday and by that night was feeling it in my chest. I finally had it and ran this morning. Whew. I didn't think there was ever a valid reason for a treadmill in So. CA but after checking around at various gyms, the $15/day charge made me wish I knew someone with one.
Mike and I are reading a great book, Celebration of Discipline by Richard J. Foster. I'm really enjoying it...not the usual fluff I enjoy but still readable. It had me from the first sentence in Chapter 1. "Superficiality is the curse of our age. The doctrine of instant satisfaction is a primary spiritual problem. The desperate need today is not for a greater number of intelligent people, or gifted people, but for deep people." It struck a cord in me.
It's been a month and I told Mike that he promised his father would only be here 2weeks...3 weeks at the most, remember? I reminded him of that on the way home from church. I've been reminding him of it everyweek. I get the distinct impression I was supposed to forget it. Well, Mike's brother is coming to get him next weekend. I can't tell you what a relief it is. There is nothing that feels more smothering and helpless than being forced to live with and spend my days with someone else and having no say. I refuse to EVER live like that again. That's why we downsized to this house.
Did I mention that since my last blog entry, I am now the mother of a teenager!

4 comments:
Being deep is a tough job. (Not being funny here. being smart or witty is much easier than introspection and deep thought.)
Jack Handy never seemed to have a problem.
Glad you made it through the fires unscathed (sp?.) Mom's of teenagers are hot...they're called MILF's on the internet. LOL! Hi to Mike and the boys...Bud
LOL, BUD! that subject just came up the other day...
Robin, just when I think I'm *deep* I realize, there's really not much to me. ugh.
Susan, if I were really smart, I'd know what you were talking about, LOL!
Post a Comment