I wanted to put this in here since it's the first time I've done it. I was reading someones blog and he was talking about Yasso 800's and I thought I'd give it a whirl. The general idea is that the interval time you are able to maintain for a set of 10 X 800's would translate into a reasonable marathon time predictor. So if you run 800's in 2:50 you could predict a marathon time of 2:50:00. I want to cut another 6min off my marathon time, so that's a 3:36 time. I'm going to do the 800's once a week and see if I can build up to the 10 sets. I'm kinda excited.
Mike and I stayed up SUPER late last night...until after 1AM. We watched a bunch of our favorite shows that just so happen to all be on Monday nights. I got up at 8:30 this AM and had to get everyone ready for piano. I finally got to the bay at 10 and it was clear, sunny, 75 degrees and I really didn't feel like running at all. I have so few days like this so I'm never sure...do I listen to my body or run? I compromised. I decided to only run 6 instead of 10 miles and to make up for the shortage I'd do 3 800's. I did them in 3:31, 3:34 and 3:29, respectively. I hurt and didn't feel like it was my best but I was really glad to clock those times on what I'd consider a bad day. I know I can carry a sub 7min pace for a couple of miles so I can't wait to do this when I'm feeling better.
Now, to taper, rest up and get my leg to stop hurting before Saturday's 8k, but also fit in at least 40 miles this week. I wanna be at 50mpw by Nov 1 so I can start the Pfitzinger marathon plan. Not sure if I'll be able to hack the 70 plan like I want but I can always fall back to the 55 plan if need be.
Sunday at church a friend gave us a ton of fresh ahi. We made fish tacos and have been eating ceviche for 2 days. Seriously. At least that's all I've eaten.
Cole went to J's house on Sunday after church. He's my gf's son...we were pregnant at the same time and in bible study together. Anyway, I didn't realize just how nervous Cole was about going someplace new. It never occurred to me. He's pretty rigid and dogmatic about things...right/wrong/good/bad/etc. and J is ADHD. This is going to be very interesting. So, J goes to the Evan's School in La Jolla and they have some more scholarships available and Cole really wants to go to Horizon next year. Anyway, the pastor's wife works there and is going to see if there's anything available. This was really never on our radar of possibilities so my head is spinning. We haven't told him...I know he's insistent on Horizon next year but I'm betting he'd love the Evan's school. A lot of our friends' kids' go there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm glad your run went well...for a not so great feeling day. We loved the blog with you and Curran. I mailed your birthday gift today. You may not get it by the 8th...I'm sorry. Included in the box is a cool t-shirt for Mike from Bud.
Take care,
~H
Hey, friend, I have no idea why you were blocked. Does that make any sense to you? I didn't set up anything to block anyone - scary, kind of, butyou aren't scary!! :)
Post a Comment