He got in Wednesday and took off for the beach. We visited the PB lifeguard tower...I don't think it could have been a more picture perfect day.

We went up to the Firehouse Bar and Grill for some drinks. Dad was with us. I don't think a father could be more proud of his son. My dad just beams at the mention of Bob and seems about to burst just being in his presence!

Thursday morning I got to get up and run with my big brother. Don't think we've ever done that together. We've gone hunting together, camping in the woods in TN, we smoked our own corncob pipes together, he even taught me how to drive a stick shift when I was in high school. But this was our first run. I was pretty happy.
We all headed up to Palm Springs/Palm Desert to visit with Dad and Carol in their new house. We had a great time and enjoyed the hospitality. I had a chance to get an early morning run on Friday and got to see an incredible desert sunrise. There's nothing quite as beautiful. We went to the Living Desert. It's a scaled down version of a desert zoo. While we all stood outside trying to decide if it would be worth it to go in, Cole insisted he wanted to see the Cheetahs. I offered to give him the $7.50 admission and let him go look and come back to tell us about them. We all ended up going. Now I'm told this was a leopard. Curran was upset that he didn't get to see the eckos (geckos) and finally let.it.go. when Carol promised to get him a gecko. LOL!

Friday was also Dad and Carol's 11th wedding anniversary! Aren't they cute!

They celebrated by treating us all to a yummy Mexican dinner. Good times!

Bob leaves tomorrow and we will miss him! The boys think Uncle Bob is THE coolest! and he's "really BIG".

2 comments:
Sounds like it was a lovely visit. :)
What a happy family! So sweet to hear that you and your brother are close!
Post a Comment