There is the gun time: the official race time that starts when the clock starts running. Then there is the chip time: the timing chip each runner wears on their shoe is activated as they cross the pads at the start line and then again at the finish time. Elite runners are place at the front of the start line and award/winning times are based on the gun time. All other runners are given a gun time but their placement is based on chip time.
Last year there were 17 corrals...corral #1 is behind the elites and corral #17 are those who will bring up the rear. Last year my predicted finish time placed me in corral #5. My number was 5206. I just got my official confirmation card in the mail today and my predicted finish time has me in corral #4 with 4206 as my number. How cool is that!? I like the corrals because I know I won't be trying to weave around walkers in the first 2 miles.

More important happenings...Cole had 6 teeth extracted today. I just asked Cole how many teeth he's had pulled altogether and he can't remember. Ten were pulled at the oral surgeon and then a couple at the dentist. Now, lest you think we are weird teeth pullers, we aren't. Cole's adult teeth come up beside his baby teeth, leaving him with 2 rows of teeth. At least 8 of his adult teeth have grown in like this.
I took this picture this morning. That's all I got.
We went to see Spiderman 3 last night. I don't like movies like that at all. I watched through my hands and had to resist the urge to just get up and walk out but I knew Mike was enjoying it and he'd have felt bad if he knew just how much I disliked it. ugh. It was almost as bad as run on sentences.

2 comments:
You're a ### freak! LOL! Happy Mother's Day :-) Hi to Mike and the boys.
Ah, I feel Cole's pain. Same thing happened to me. :(
Interesting stuff about the corrals! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment