Thursday, May 17, 2007

For motivation: plan a party!

We are having the youth group swim party at the house next Friday. Finally! The motivation we needed to get our fence fixed. Our new fence is going in this weekend. Our neighbor came to demo the old rotten fence today, will do the posts tomorrow, and the rest of the fence on Saturday. We were half prepared to foot the bill ourselves but the neighbors that we share the fence with are going to pay half...even on short notice. How nice is that? It's a huge blessing.

I only run 4 miles tomorrow. huh? This is supposed to be another mid week longer run. I'm sweatin bullets. I'm in the 1500 mile club, hoping to eventually catch up to the 2000mile club at RA. With this taper, my 135mile lead on the bunny is disappearing. It's killing me. And that darn 2000 mile bunny is just a speck in the distance. grrrrr!

I'm still debating on the San Francisco Marathon. I talked to the PD recruiter yesterday and she said if I had booked a 10day cruise they would certainly work around it...so what's 2 days in SF for a weekend? I figure, training will be during the week so there's no way I could get to SL to see Heather. :( Now I just gotta see if Jim will babysit so I can sneak away for that weekend. I'm probably kidding myself that this could work but I really need this. I need a marathon to feel as easy as a half marathon so that I have the confidence it takes to do an ultramarathon. Makes sense, right?

5 comments:

scdd said...

What the hell is an ultramarathon? It sounds really painful.

Jennifer said...

There are lots of different versions of ultras...24 hour runs, where you see how far you can go. There's Badwater, 135mile run. There are 50 mile and 50k runs too. I think anything past marathon distance is an ultra. There's a 50k down here that I'd love to do next year.

Anonymous said...

You are crazy.

Do a google though... it might be on coolrunning, but there is this "thing" that goes right by my house. It's like running 100 miles a day for a few days in a row. This year i'm going to sit out with signs and water. Just look for Lebec or Frazier Park. That is so up your alley!

Jennifer said...

Louise, Is that Badwater? It's a 100mile race through the desert. There's a guy at RA who is running it. Pretty exciting. I don't think I'm in that league yet, LOL!

and how cool is that? that is comes right past you! yeah, have some water, fig newtons, power bars, orange slices...they'd love anything!

Jennifer said...

no, I got that wrong. not badwater...it's more than 100. I think it's the Western States Endurance Run. That's hot. I know some guys looking to qualify.