Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Strike that last comment from the record.

So get a load of this! Thursday night I mentioned having never have anyone from our old church call to see what happened to us? Check it out. 9:30Am Monday morning, the pastor called us and left a message asking how we were doing. LOL! Isn't that cool? I just wanted to share this good news and clarify that I didn't mention it with hard feelings because there are none. I really loved our old church and I really liked the pastor. No ill feelings there at all. Good church, good man...it was just our time to leave. Anyway, I had to update with that because I didn't want my comment to come off as a smear. I have many friends who attend many different churches around town and I consider us to be all the same family...just different locations. Each planted where God has called us to be. I need to call him back.

I've got a tickle of a sore throat today. I'm just praying I don't get sick. I just need to make it through Friday and Saturday's runs, totaling 30 miles, and I will be home free. Next week is a down week but I also have the La Jolla Half Marathon a week from Sunday so I'm acting like next week is a taper. I'm not going to push it.

I really wish I could use emoticons here. I feel totally inept conveying real feeling unless I can include a half a dozen of those guys in every post.

running bumper sticker of the day:

My mommy runs faster than your daddy

hahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Tee said...

bwah ha ha I love that bumper sticker too!

Hey, maybe your former pastor reads your blog. ;-)

I was reading Runners World and the editor-in-chief was writing about how he got a cold right before his first marathon in over 10 years, so he had a forced taper week, and he PR'd! So cool. I hope it's just a ticklish throat. My Chinese relatives would say you ate too much "hot" food (spicy, fried) and need some "cool" drinks like tea or soda.

BTW, thanks for your hugs on my blog. I needed that today. My brother lives in a group home attached to a centre that houses mostly children with developmental disabilities. He comes home once a month for a visit, but he is happy at the centre.

Anyway, ((((HUGS)))) and thank you.

Heather and Bud said...

We met a lady yesterday who ran the Berlin marathon in 3:30