Sunday, April 29, 2007

Hark! is that a light I see?

And so begins week 14 of training, only 5 weeks left! Two 20 milers down and one to go! I actually tagged on an extra mile yesterday morning so I could get in 3 hours of running. I had hoped to stretch it to 22 miles but I had my route figured wrong and finished right where I started. To do an extra mile would have meant backtracking and backtracking at 21miles is a mind suck.

Hal suggests I get a massage. Why, I was just thinking about that! I've had too many people comment lately on my boniness, I'm not sure if I want my little Thai lady telling me, "you soooo small! you eat mo!". Gotta love her. In all fairness I haven't really lost weight (according to the scale) I just look like I run 7 hours a week. My body fat is pretty low right now. I'll plump right back up during the taper. I'm trying to keep up, really! *licks residual chocolate snickers off of fingers*.

I've been cleaning out the garage. What in the world am I going to do with a box of HUNDREDS of comic books? Mint, in special slip covers. They were given to my boys over a year ago. We pulled out a dozen or so and I discovered, to my dismay, these aren't your comic books of yesteryear. These are dark, violent, pornographic and wholly inappropriate for children. It's a shame because my boys are all about super heroes. I took 11 bags of clothes to the Salvation Army yesterday. I filled it again today with more stuff. I need to get rid of my strollers too. The bikes seem to be having late night parties with inappropriate wheel spinning...they're multiplying.

People are starting to get their questionnaires from the City Background Investigations. YIKES! It's happening so fast. I sorta forget about it and then wham! I go through another phase of the process and I still keep thinking, this isn't really going to happen.

2 comments:

Tee said...

I look like I spend 7 hours a week.....

Eating cake! LOL! That is despite running 15 to 20 miles/week on a low-fat diet...thanks insulin resistant body...GRRRRR!

Week 14 already! Wow! So if you BQ, are you totally going?? My coworker BQ'd just for the achievement but never went! What a waste!

Jennifer said...

I will make reservations for the Boston Marathon as soon as my official time comes in! Hopefully my BQ time will be in June!