Saturday, March 10, 2007

running without Red Bull...

why bother? hahahahaha!

seriously. ok, a quick peek into the inner workings of my short circuited brain.

I didn't eat much for dinner last night and woke up to run at 5:30 this morning. Mike has to be at work by 8:45 so I try to be home an hour before that so he can ride his bike to work. I've misplaced my ATM card so I had no way to buy Red Bull. I grabbed a gu, sucked it down with 2 swigs of water and took off for a 10 mile run. Now this was my recovery week where I fall back a few miles in anticipation of next weeks bump up. So, I'm on my run and I feel like I'm floating along watching myself. I think I hit the wall at 8 miles. What was THAT about? LOL! I got all cold, my legs felt like tree stumps. So I told myself, "you're at mile 24, only 2.2 to go, don't let anyone pass you, 8 minutes 2.2 times, you can do it." It's my usual pep talk when I start feeling winded and it works like a charm. Then I realized I can never quite get the 10 mile route right and I was looking at 11miles so I went for it.

So, I've got my power food ready for this week's workload. Salmon, smoke oysters (for the iodine = fights fatigue), 2 steaks, spinach, blackberries, red and yellow bell peppers...and lots of sleep! It goes without saying that I will be getting a case of Red Bull. Hopefully by the end of the week I will still be able to speak in intelligible sentences and I'll remember why I opened the refridgerator.

2 comments:

Tee said...

YUM! Reading your power food list is making me hungry! (and I'm also feeling guilty about postponing my run until tomorrow, seeing how you plowed through your run today!)

I see you're keeping a log on runningahead - I'll have to see what I can set up - right now I'm just using an Excel spreadsheet that my coworker did up - suits my 3x/week habit so far (which I hope to ramp up after April). ;-)

Jennifer said...

yeah, running ahead is great! I'm not sure what you can see there...just my individual runs? If you want to see a better glimpse of what it keeps track of, I can send you a link to my log...it's a little more information than you get looking at the scripts here on my blog. all kinds of cool graphs, workouts, summaries...it's data crack fo sho. I really like that they have the scripts for my blog here...yahoo 360 couldn't do that for me.
and yeah, get that run in tomorrow, you'll feel great...you know that!