It took me a few minutes to revv myself up for a run in the rain this morning. In the last few weeks, I have finally gotten over the constant bone chilling cold feeling. This mornings rain wasn't SO bad as much as the howling wind as I came around the east side of the bay. I was leaning into the wind and the rain was just pelting me. The good news was that on the way back, the wind was giving me some good recovery umph. Overall, I'm feeling great. My nutrition is better than ever and my energy level is even better. I'm on week 8 of marathon training and doing a little bit more than scheduled.
I don't do very well when I have a schedule to meet. This week promised to be stress filled with several appointments on the calendar. Fortunately, Cole didn't get his 2 teeth pulled as scheduled yesterday...our dentist is so great! So, in turn, he didn't need to go to the orthodontist immediately after. I did finally have my yearly OB appointment(TMI, sorry!)...the first yearly in 4 years. yikes. That's right up there with getting food poisoning. He's a really good guy though and always sets me at ease. I am going to be calling in for the referral I have to see a vein specialist. Hopefully, I can get these varicose veins under control.
Last on the list? Remember that 911 Emergency gig I was hoping for? I got a call from the police department last Friday, wanting to know if I wanted to be interviewed for Police Dispatch. I don't want to do police, but I of course said yes! I have an interview THIS Saturday. In fact, Mike *just* called me to tell me to go shopping tonight for an interview suit. I also have hired someone to prepare a resume for me.
So the interesting part is that I did not pass the testing block that qualified me for police dispatch but I was told that they have so many positions to fill, once I was placed on a hiring list they would call me. It's considerably more in pay than just a Dispatcher I position.
Now, if I can just pull it together for the interview. Have I mentioned that I've never really been on a real interview? Let alone a panel of interviewers. I have a half hour to WOW them. Is that even possible, LOL? I'm just praying...for clarity, words, quick precise answers...for God's Will. If you pray, will you pray for me? Saturday, March 24, at 2:30 PDT. Thank you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment