This week I was anticipating that low energy lethargy that comes at about this point in my training. I decided to head it off at the pass. I'm eating a lot cleaner but I'm finding more bang with my choices. I wanted to share what's working for me. Any suggestions?
blackberries~probably has the highest amount of antioxidants you can find. They are little bursts of energy in your mouth and good for combatting the free radicals that we take on while running.
acai~my newest super supplement. It only takes a few oz a day or in the frozen form, about a half of a cup. Made from acai berries and guaranara, this stuff is packed with antioxidants and is also super high in omega fats and fiber.
Raw Almonds~ can't give you a break down on these other than to say, they keep me amazingly even keel. From food cravings to hunger, a handful of almonds several times a day keeps the crazies away.
salmon~lox or the nicely baked stuff I made the other night. Good for you and yummy!
steak~ hehehehe. just because I like one every now and again! Also, I tend to be at the lowest end of normal when it comes to iron count so increased activity can send me over the edge. A steak or a swig of floradix here and there helps to keep my brain functioning.
Other than that, it's been a great bump up week! I even swam on Monday. I snuck in an extra run today. It's my rest day but I've been feeling antsy and decided a quick 3mile trip wouldn't hurt me. I've made a concerted effort to run more hills and tell myself I like them. Well, they are getting easier but I really don't like them.
As I was lamenting not being able to register for the Lake Hodges 50k Ultramarathon , instead, I registered for the La Jolla Half Marathon Hence, the hill training. The La Jolla half is considered to be one of the most difficult. I like that. I have been eyeing that Lake Hodges ultra for some time now but BQ'ing is my objective this year. I'm hoping to find a marathon or ultra marathon to do this fall...ideas? I've obviously never done an ultra but it is my post-Boston qualifying goal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
There's a marathon in Greece in the fall...
You know I'd do that in a heartbeat. It would never fly with Mike. :( I'd have to earn some serious SAHM $$$ ...or get this job! hahahaha. He sorta rolls his eyes and looks like he wants to throw something at me everytime I mention a marathon. If I can't go transatlantic, there's a really cool one in TN near my brother...Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon. use the google...
Post a Comment