Not in the mood to blog much lately but thought I'd update.
2 weeks ago, Connor went to camp for a week. He had a blast! That's really all I can say. I mean, they had lots of weird food contests, games, etc. Someone paid him $10 to drink some hot sauce. Atta boy!
Last week Cole went on a two day sailing trip to Catalina. He had a fun time...his cell phone went dead so he couldn't take pictures of all of the sights and was really bummed. The trip did cause him to rethink his school options this fall and he's ready to homeschool again. It's interesting and fun too see them grow into their own and develop their own internal standards. I'm glad Cole's are set pretty high right now.
This week Cooper and Cole are away at camp. They were both really excited! We get daily updates via the camp website and they look like they're having fun. Cooper had 3 friends going with him this year, so he was super excited. It is remarkably calm around here. It's amazing the difference in the numbers. I feel like I can pretend to have it *together* for a week.
Mike and I did the Surf Monkey competition in Oceanside this weekend. He did the 1mile swim/5k run and placed 11th overall/3rd in his age group, so he got a surf monkey award. I did the 5k beach run and placed 27th overall/ 1st in my age group, so despite the slow time, I got an award too! The pictures turned out glare-y but this one turned out ok. This is my award, Mikes looks just like it, a little smaller and says Kane (male) instead of Wahine (female).

It was a really fun race and we definitely will do it again next year. I'm having fun tagging along with Mike and doing events he picks out. The kids were great too. Since our races started 30min apart, Mike set them up by the finish before he left to start his race and they all cheered for me at the finish. We got to cheer for Mike at 3 different locations along the way and boy, he was bookin it! His 5k time, after the swim, was 21:46! I still can't keep up with him, LOL!

4 comments:
Great update, Jennifer. Glad the boys are having a good winding down to their summers. Hard to believe. My sister lived in Oceanside for several years. Tammy and I visited over Thanksgiving when Chelsea was just 10 months old! That was a while ago, like almost 16 years ago. Sheesh! Congratulations to both you and Mike on the races! That's awesome and... he is wicked fast! Take care my friend.
Thanks Rick! You wouldn't recognize Oceanside now! With the real Estate market exploding and Oceanside being at the outskirts/north county, it grew by leaps and bounds.
Can you believe how fast my man is? geesh! I'm trying to get him to do a 50k trail run next month but he's not falling for it...he's tempted but I just can't convince him. waaaaaah.
I don't even know where my sister used to live. I'll have to find out from her and let you know. All I remember is that it was a condo atop a hillside with canyons behind it (got a kick out of watching the coyotes and road runners while having my smokes out on her balcony in the morning and evening) and it overlooked a Catholic (I think) mission on the ocean side of the street.
Keep taunting... he'll cave eventually... husbands always do. At least the good ones and... I have a sound hunch you have a good one. ;)
Oh, the first thing she introduced us to in CA when we visited were fish tacos. We stopped at a joint on the way to her home from the airport. I loved them.
Post a Comment