Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I feel sick

Our 8 mo golden retriever, Boston, chewed up and destroyed my Garmin 305. I'm crushed. I don't have the money to replace it so that means I have to do my runs on the marked board walks...the longest one being 7miles round trip.



I just wanna cry. It was my most prized training possession.

6 comments:

Mar said...

Holy crap. I wanna cry for you:(

But hey, does this mean you get a shiny new 405?!?!??!

Zoomy said...

Oh, no!!! RIP, pretty Garmin. I'd feel positively lost without mine. I'd run sans iPod LONG before I'd run without my "Big Red"--and I've never even messed with the HRM on mine.

I could swear someone else on RA lost their Garmin to their dog. I wonder why those are so attractive to pups? Maybe for the same reason that my childhood spaniel LOVED to eat one of every pair of my shoes. Gah.

I hope you can figure out a way to replace it. Anyone selling one cheap-ish on eBay, maybe?

fatoldtrailrunner said...

Jennifer
All is not lost. My standard poodle also chewed on my Garmin 405 and it looked very much like yours does now. However, my dog left the strap in place and I continued to wear it on my runs. Even though the display did not work the Garmin continued to track my runs and could be downloaded into my computer for me to interpret the data. I used it like this until I saved up the $100 or so to send it to Garmin for refurbishment. The best thing is when I got it back it looked brand new no teeth marks.

Rick said...

Jennifer,
I am not presently using mine, so if you would like, I would be MORE than happy to ship it out to you to use (if I had the means I would just buy you a new one) until you were able to get your's repaired or replaced. Just let me know and you can e-mail me your address. Mine is just collecting dust on a shelf right now, so please give this option serious consideration. I promise I won't stalk your family either if you give me your address. Besides, Mike is a buff dude and could kick the crap out of me so, I think your safe even if I was a stalker. ;-)

Rick said...

If you want to take me up on my offer, Jennifer, e-mail me at rtvelich at buckeye-express dot com.

Jennifer said...

Thanks y'all.

Kirsten~ yes, I distinctly remember the guy posting about his dog eatened Garmin, thinking, I'd kill my dog if he did that. Of course I didn't. But he's been banished to the back patio...

Mar~no shiny new 405. I'm a bit skeered of it. that, and I'm cheap.

oldtrailrunner~ you just shot me a ray of hope, thanks! I sat garmy in the cradle and it uploaded! So I'm going to take it on my run tomorrow and see if it will record data and then I'll give garmin a call.

Rick~that is just about the sweetest thing you could have offered! Thank you SOOOO much! I'm going to pass for now but if things get desperate, I'll keep you in mind. My biggest worry is having TWO destroyed garmins to replace, YIKES!