Sunday, March 22, 2009

blog? oh yeah, that.

It's been a while. Lots happening but with Facebook being the ultimate in one sentence updates, I've gotten lazy about blogging.

Training is going great. 8 weeks into marathon training and I hit an all time weekly mileage of 83.3 miles. I feel good today...tomorrow might turn into a rest day. 4 weeks left until race day and that's when we will see why 18week marathon training schedules are better than 12week schedules.

I did make a last minute decision to run a 10k last weekend. That's a KILLER distance to race. I came in the ever-dreaded-and-quickly-forgotten-4th place in age group. It was a personal best though, so I was happy.

Boston bib numbers are posted...I'm 9968. Exciting to move up from the 17,000's last year and land in the first wave. This year I will start at 10am and the Boston Marathon website will have live tracking.

My brother will be coming home stateside for a mid-deployment R&R. Cooper turns 10 in 3 weeks and gets a dollar a day helping the neighbor girl with her homework. Connor has mad guitar skills! Cole is, yet again, immersed in a book. Curran is reading and has perfected writing his name in cursive!

I've still got a job, YAY! It's a huge help considering the orthodontist bill we just got for Cole's phase 2. I think this whole 2 phase orthodontics is a bunch of BS and a rip off. They slay you in phase one and use up all of your insurance, then hand you a $5000 bill for the second phase. I feel violated. :(

2 comments:

Glenn Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Glenn Jones said...

Great to hear that your training is going well after all the injuries you were working through!

I know what you mean about "phase 2" Ortho. Seems we all did fine with one phase when we were kids....