Monday, January 26, 2009

01-26-09 Registration CLOSED!

Registration for the 2009 Boston Marathon closed today. No waiting list, no day of race registration, no bib transfers, no last minute Boston Qualifying times for those planning to squeeze in February races. Bummer! I'm SOOOOO glad Marion didn't hold out for Myrtle Beach!

So now I need a roommate.

Oh and there's that pesky buisness of trying to build a running base and train for a marathon in 12 weeks. HAHAHA! So many numbers running through my head. I wonder what kind of day it will be? Will I barely manage a sub 4 or can I bring my best game to The Marathon of marathons this year?

I am running again. Sometimes it hurts a little, sometimes it hurts more, someday the pain will pass. I long to pound out a 20 miler around the bay/ocean front. If I can just get off the DeAnza Cove boardwalk and make the 8mile loop around, I'll be happy I've made some progress. For now, I'm happy that I wake up pain free and only hurt while running. That's progress.

2 comments:

Mar said...

hold on to that need for a roomie

if you'll still have me, that is:)

Jennifer said...

um, (jennifer stifles her squeals of joy) I'm really sorry (really) that other plans are a no go... I'll have to check with my people and have them get back with your people...oh wait. no people.

OF COURSE YOU CAN ROOM WITH ME!!! YES YES YES! check in is Sat, check out is Tues. It's a date?