Thursday, May 1, 2008

Post Boston

It's been over a week since the big race. I think I'm just now settling down. I wanted to share my finish line moment in very bad video... click here at about 4:19 in the very center you see me manuvering for open space as I cross the finish at 4:23-24. If you have a few minutes, check out this guy's slide show of 26.2 miles with a camera. I just watched it and had fun reliving and remembering the things that went by too quickly. Pay attention to the billboard messages, they were inspiring to see along the course.

I've run a few times since Boston and I think I might be resting for a while. Yetserday I felt great all day and went for a late afternoon run and hurt the entire way. I should have stopped at mile 2 but I was hoping it would fade like it did on race day. I ended up running 4 miles and for the first time ever, my knee hurts to walk. So, no running for me until the trail run on May 10th. I'm going to try at home rehab since I can't afford to keep getting treatment at the Dr. I know I have time now, so I'm not really worried. I was feeling so high after Boston, I was thinking I'd pr at the Rock N Roll marathon but now I'm back to thinking my goal should just be to finish.

3 comments:

Billy said...

awesome..

see ya in Malibu (hopefully)!

Rick said...

Amazing stuff, Jennifer. I get teary-eyed and goose bumps just looking at the video and photos.

I pray you heal up soon as well. Don't damage yourself any further with too much racing ambition.
;-)

Oh, and thanks for sharing my boy/girl blog post with your boys. Although, with a conscientious and loving mom as you, I'm sure they're all going to mature into fine young men. :)

Jennifer said...

Hey Billy, I told my husband we might meet you and to be on the look out for "the tall asian guy" next weekend. ;) Still not sure if I'll even be able to run but I can cheer!

Thanks Rick...just between you and me and the one other person who peeks here occasionally, I get choked up and teary eyed everytime I think about it! I feel the same way when other's (like you) share their stories because I know how it feels!

I'm going to post your list on my blog later today!