I got out there today and did 3 miles. NO calf pain whatsoever but a lot of pain in my piriformis and hamstring. Both, I can run through. I'm hoping it was just first day back kinks. I went to the Dr. today and it's actually my gluteus minimus (Mike said it was a good thing I had a small butt), not my piriformis. Either way, my butt hurt. I'm going to be having treatment on that. We are trying to figure out what is going on with my right knee. He thinks it's either a Baker's cyst or a hamstring insertion problem. We are working on that too.
He said I could add ONE mile a day to my distance. That means I won't even hit a 10 miler until next Monday! YIKES! I keep marking days off the calendar and getting more nervous with each passing day. GULP.
I don't know what is going on in our family as far as schooling goes but I think there are some major changes coming. We are just praying for direction in this and I need a whole new attitude. I wish I had homeschooling friends to talk with but I haven't found anyone...actually, I'm not really looking.
Thursday J's mom is taking him and Cole to Disney for J's birthday. I wish I could go too! I think Cole has been to Disney more than I have, HAHAHA!!! I'm so glad he has such a good friend. It's been a long time coming. J invited him over Friday night to play with the new Wi he got for his birthday...Cole came home extremely SORE from playing Tennis, bowling and baseball, LOL!! I'd love to be able to switch to this system for this reason alone. (o:
I get to run 4 miles with the running group tomorrow, woo hoo!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Glad to hear you're getting back out there. It's so good to hear that you've got some great drs to get you back where you need to be.
You'll do fine. Don't sweat the mileage. With as much running as you've done, you've got nothing to worry about:)
I can remember being in your shoes when we made the decision to put Sabreena into public school. I needed reassurance/advice from others but in the end, I had to stop and think about what was best for my family. Turns out, they both love public school and they're doing wonderfully. I stay active in their school (I'm in their classrooms at least once a week) and do my best to get a little 'homeschooling' time in when we can. All in all, it was a smart move for us. Sure, they'd love for me to homeschool them again. No getting up at the crack of dawn, no sitting at a desk all day long, doing school work in PJs was always fun:)
Wii!! We love ours. I get worn out playing the Wii sports, too. Nige has a Star Wars Lego game and he LOVES it. We rarely get a go at the Wii anymore. That boy is glued to it. I hope Cole has a great time at Disney. I'm jealous!
As far as June 1, I'm trying to work through this pain in my side. I'm not sure exactly what is going on and I'm *just* getting back into some sort of schedule. I just need to bite the bullet and book everything. I'm just a chicken:) I'll keep ya up to date!
Have a good 4 miler!
Thanks! (o:
I just talked to Mike today about doing some serious swimming crosstraining. I need to find an indoor pool or else I just won't do it...I hate the cold!
We are already sure that Connor will go to school next year. Pretty sure Cole will go our church school and Coop & Curran will stay home. I'm really looking forward to it.
I think we will get a Wii with our tax return! I might actually play, lol!
Is it your side or your back? Sounds like a pulled muscle. Eitherwhichway, we could plan on hobbling through the race together because I have a feeling I'm not going to be up to much more.
Hey Jennifer!
I'm glad you're getting back at it as well and hopefully getting things straightened out physically with this doc. I pray you're close to 100% for Boston. What an honor to be running there. I have no aspirations for it. I'm a realist and, while I like/enjoy running, I just am not that gifted or dedicated to set my sights on such a lofty running goal. Heck, I got broken just trying to train for a local 300 person marathon! Hehehe.
Have you checked out local homeschool networks on the internet? I'm not really sure how you got set up in your homeschooling, but I came across this California sight that might offer you some support:
http://californiahomeschool.net/default.htm
Heck, you may already have knowledge of this. We have several friends that homeshool, but I think Michigan is an easy state to do so in with quite a bit of support for it.
On a final note... I suck at Wii.
Thanks Rick...I'm completely humbled to even be able to do Boston. I want to give it the respect it deserves and being injury free will be key...so I covet those prayers! :o)
Thank you for the link. I know lots of homeschooling families I'm just no longer connected to any of them. But I ran with my group this morning (one is a teacher) and got some great feedback and lots of understanding, so I feel better.
You suck at Wii? That's weally tearwible! Over the course of the day, I've gotten myself excited about it...I'll let you know how it works.
Post a Comment