Wednesday, March 19, 2008

17022

that's my bib number for Boston.

Boston Marathon: Athlete Tracking

How can family members track my running from home?

The B.A.A. will broadcast every 5Km split to its web site and family and friends can track your progress by logging in and entering your name or bib number. The "face" of the Boston Marathon web site will change on race day and the process on how to enter the search will be clear.

In addition, beginning in late March, runners may register up to three wireless devices or e-mail addresses using their bib number by logging in on the B.A.A. website: www.bostonmarathon.org. Alerts will be broadcast from the 10-kilometer, 1/2 marathon and 30-kilometer marks and the finish as the runner passes those locations.


Training is a big game of catch up at this point. I felt great after last Sat.'s 17.5 mile run and will peak this week with a 20-22 mile run. Intervals are dismal and hill work is non-existant, but I'm hopeful.

5 comments:

Norm Deplume said...

I'm glad you're feeling good now, and hope that you can catch up. It's so close!!

Jennifer said...

thanks Robin. :o) The kinks are working themselves out now I just need to find my speedy button again...it's gone MIA! My ticker just switched to 30days...I can't believe it! 4 weeks! I'm getting so excited an more nervous as the days pass.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen Dunham said...

Hi Jen,
Got your comment. I remember those great Good Friday services! That was fun stuff - and we didnt' have as many kids, either at that time, did we? They are getting too old too fast.
so, we want to know how long it would take you to run from San Diego to Kalispell, MT....that'd be good training. Maybe you could get a really big camelpack that had compartments for your other stuff????
Love,
Karen

Rick said...

How cool is all this techie/electronic stuff for the race?!? That's awesome!

Come on girl... you could run this race in your sleep so, don't sweat it. I know you'd prefer to be at your peak for this race, as I would for my first, but you'll do fine and... it's Boston! I can't even THINK about qualifying for it. That's the major accomplishment on your part. Think of it as a victory lap.
;-)

I do pray your training goes well from here on out and you have no further physical issues. Hope you had a blessed Easter.