Sunday, March 9, 2008

A date run

It worked out perfectly today. I didn't have a long run yesterday and Mike is on a cut back week so we finally hooked up for a run together. It was a PERFECT day. Nice breeze, about 68, and a beautiful 10k trail about half a mile from our front door. We took an old camera with us to try and get some pictures. After less than a mile, we had taken all 8 pictures it could hold without a memory card.

Here I am heading down into the canyon.


Lots of tree covered areas, a few creeks to run through and too many hills to count.

We ran all the way to the Tecolote Trail Head where Heather and I used to meet to run with the boys. We purposefully set out to go slow because it's Mike's rest day and I'm coming back from injury...but honestly? I don't think I could have gone any faster. It was tough! But we had lots of time to talk, laugh and connect. Can't wait to do it again!

Tina (a co-leader) and I got up in front of the church and talk about our Running Group and shared a little bit about what it's like being a leader and being involved in a group. I have no idea what I said. I felt so out of breath, it was like I had just run a 10k race! Public speaking is NOT my cup of tea! But hopefully others will be brave enough to step out and share their passion with others and form new friendships! I can't say enough positive things about this adventure. I've made several new friends and it's such a blessing to share running with others who enjoy it too.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I just love all the green in that first picture Jennifer! I can't wait to see some of our own! But, then the grass will need to be cut every other day for about the first six weeks of spring and I'll be grumbling.

Glad you had a nice run with Mike. I always am tickled to run with Tammy. She thinks it bugs me because of her pace, but I thoroughly enjoy that time with her. Of course, we don't get to run in such a lovely setting as you though. :-P

Have a great week and I pray you're steadily improving.

Rick said...

Hey, Jennifer. On the homeschooling illegality debacle out there, the Home Schooling Legal Defense Asscociation has a national petition to depublish that appellate court ruling which would make it only effective for that individual case. You can read more about the ruling and sign and/or circulate the electronic petition here:

https://www2.hslda.org/Registrations/DepublishingCaliforniaCourtDecision/

It's not much, but it's better than doing nothing. Tammy and I have already signed the petition and I will be circulating it to our friends out here. We need to do what we can to protect our rights to parent as you so deftly noted previously.

Rick said...

Note, the link above is not the complete link, but if you copy and paste it in the Address bar, it does come out as the complete address and will take you to the petition with the explanation of the ruling and the petition.

jared said...

Hi Jennifer and greetings from Massachusetts where its COLD! I was hitting up Google for some marathon info and I came across your blog. Keep working!! If the weather permits you will see a live band (on your left) playing in a junkyard at the Framingham/Natick line (about 4 miles in). I will be playing guitar. Wave and I'll wave back.
Peace,
Jared