Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trail Surfing and the two edged sword

Mike's been doing a lot more running lately. It's been a few years since he's done any consistent mileage. We got him new shoes last month and it's made a real difference for him. He's always done beach running but now he hits the trails and canyons around us a couple times a week. I'm so excited for him! He's going to do a 5k trail race in December. The only downside is, we don't have a built in babysitter anywhere near us anymore. So that means no more date nights, no more running dates, no running races together. SHOOT! I'm a bit bummed about that but so excited to see Mike getting back to running since he's been such a huge support to my running endeavors.

I'm having to shuffle my training program this week since my race was on Sunday and that's typically my rest day. I have my mid week long run of 11 miles tomorrow and then I get day off. I've been very conservative the last 2 days and will continue to do so tomorrow. I haven't had any pain while running and I realize that doing the race on Sunday followed my 6-8-11 mile runs could be risky. So, easy does it.

I've enjoyed having my iPod back. I've been listening to my Podcast a lot more lately with the longer runs. I listen to Greg Laurie and then I get a read through the bible in a year podcast. This morning I was able to hear both podcast in their entirety!

I'm going to let Mike fill out the paperwork and start the running group. It must have been a brave day for me when I initially volunteered a few weeks ago but I can make anything stressful and this would definitely be high on my stress-o-meter.

No comments: