Saturday, September 6, 2008

Noble Canyon Trail

This morning, Jill took us out on a tour of the first part of Noble Canyon. We met at 6AM, up in Pine Valley at elevation of 4500+. The sun was starting to come up, the starting temp was 51 (NICE) and 94 when we got back to the cars. Jeri and Stephanie joined us today...I'll have to get a link to Steph's blog.

You can click on the photos to see a bigger version.

Starting out it was nice and cool with the sun just threatening to show itself.

Ah. There it is...and me!

Much of the first 10miles looked like this...rugged, jagged rocks going up hill. This will be the toughest part of the 50k so I was glad to get to experience it beforehand.

Then there were some lovely spots down in the canyon...we shared it with swarms of bugs. ACK!


This was a trail sign mid-way.


The turn around at the mile 10 water pump. Old pump, heavenly COLD water!


Ultra-snacks! Boiled red potatoes and a pickle.


I have this major fear of a mountain lion attack after an Animal Planet most extreme attacks show. This was a comforting notice on display...at the halfway point.


On the way back, looking toward the Cuyamacas. It looks sorta grim, thanks to the fires, but in a year it'll be filled back in nicely.


A creek crossing down in the canyon...a lovely oasis that would have been more enjoyable if it weren't for the swarming BUGS!


Almost done! I wanted to stop and get a picture of the big cumulus clouds overhead...the condensation on the camera was purely coincidental.


Thanks again Ladies for a great morning! See ya in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Norm Deplume said...

I still don't want to run, but I would gladly spend a day out there. That's gorgeous country right thar.