Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Animal House

Evidently my kids are past the age of garnering photographic attention and we've moved on to the animal kingdom.

First update: Boston is growing. and growing. and growing. He and Connor are in the Bambi stage together...all limbs and no agility. Tonka seems tolerant.



We had an over curious bird this morning. Or maybe it just had a death wish?
Either which way, it rammed into the sliding glass door and spent the last 10 seconds of its life twitching for Boston who managed considerable self control.



Then there was the alligator lizard that Curran found and I was given the task of catching. We need to rethink our current bug box.



Yes, we managed to extricate him from the lid. We decided to put it in the pool to see if it was really an alligator lizard. It was. Don't worry, this guy survived the day and was released later that evening.

Seeing Dr. R again. Yesterday was the first visit...a sprained soleus. The muscle that runs from the achilles to the mid calf right below the gastrocnemius . It is pretty swollen. He thinks I'll be good to go in another week and a half. I see him this Saturday for a gait analysis to find new shoes. He hates the ones I have...he says they are TOO big for me...I'm too light and fast to be wearing such heavy shoes. I'm a little excited yet worried to switch considering all of the problems I've had the last 4 months.

3 comments:

Rick said...

That is a great pic of Boston staring down at the Kamakazi birdy! Crack me up!

That lizard looks enormous in the pool.

Is the soleus issue causing your sporadic knee pain as well? Get healed Wonder Woman.

Jennifer said...

I HOPE the soleus issue is causing the knee issue! RIght now, I'm not sure. I've been having intermittent knee pain since the treatment on Monday, so I hope that's what it is.

It does feel better today. I faked a few running steps and felt minimal pain! woo hoo! But that's it...I don't really want to test it more and hinder the process.

Unknown said...

Sorry about your injury Jen. My friend Crystal just had the same injury.

Jen