I haven't run since last Tuesday. By Saturday afternoon, I could hardly walk. Yep. My back. I dunno what happened but over the course of the day, it just went. Felt like I had fallen on my tailbone. I could hardly get up and down. I missed church today because I just couldn't move well enough.

I'm better this evening but I'm having slight panic attacks when I realize that Boston is 8 weeks away. The last 5 days of no running feels like a month and makes me scared to think my training is tanked.
Took this picture this morning to post on one of the boards. I tried *flipping* my hair up a bit. I still don't like it.

6 comments:
Jennifer,
I'm sorry your body is giving you fits. If it makes ya feel any better, I've been down just as long as you have and I'm just as wigged. And I'm NOT running Boston in 8 weeks. So, what you're feeling is totally normal. But girl, you've got so many years of running in ya, a week or two isn't going to phase you a bit. I'm looking forward to hear what that doc has to say today. If you're incredibly bored and want to chat, give me a ring afterwards. Sounds like it's going to be a very thorough appointment.
And um, damn. You look GREAT!!!! Love your hair. Considering how much ya got cut off, it's probably going to take some time getting adjusted to it.
Y'know, that's probably what did it. All that weight off the top of your head has thrown your body out of alignment:)
I'll be thinking about ya all day and refreshing AW like mad until you update your post.
Take it easy and feel better..
Mar
It's hell to get old, eh??
I hope the appointment goes well and you get back on track soon. I can only imagine the stress of running Boston. But quit with the panic attacks-- things work out the way they need to. God will make sure of it.
You'll be fine, just listen to the docs. You will HAVE to do what they say, don't panic.
Have a little faith, you are being tested....you've overcome greater obstacles, you will make Boston and you will kick ass!
Ok, I didn't read robin's comment, she basically said it better than I!
Jen - sure hope everything goes well. Keep us all posted.
Thanks y'all! I'm going to come back and make a blog entry. I so appreciate your well wishes...I'm such a baby about Dr.s appointments. I don't like hearing bad news...
Post a Comment