is quickly coming to an end.
Mike left with the kids last Friday. He took them up to Bishop for a fishing trip. An old (literally, old) friend from scouts lives up there and gave them a private fishing excursion for the last several days. I'm sure I'll have more to share once they get back with equal parts, pictures and tales.
I have managed to get a few things checked off of my list. Sadly, not much. I didn't do a whole lot of anything. As much as really wanted to go with, I've been on a back and forth paper hunt with SDPD and I couldn't leave. I needed to be here Monday to wrap things up. I have to say though, it worked out perfectly. I really needed this time to myself. I have never been completely kid free in almost 13 years except for our anniversary trip earlier this year. It's really nice to be in my own home, all alone. I feel rejuvenated.
Running is going well. Still piriformis pain but not excruciating. I did manage my long run on Saturday and felt great. I have an 8k race in 2 weeks that I want to do well at. I'm hoping that by increasing my swim workouts, I can shave some time off my pace. It'd be so cool to make the top 10 in my age group again.
My dad took me out for sushi and Japanese noodles last night and I had a large sake. Gone are the days when I could do that and wake up normal. Instead I spent the day nursing a piercing headache. I'm getting old.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Its so good to have me time, isn't it? I like your blog; it has inspired to me lace up my shoes and begin pounding the pavement (again!).
Post a Comment